Monday, October 29, 2012

A Birthday Celebration

Hi Jared,

You package never came. You should check with the place you sent it from. Perhaps they can track it and see where it ended up.

On Friday the 19th, while I was at the cabin scrapbooking, I got a call from the dermatologist. The biopsy came back positive. She told me I had cancer, but the good kind, that's slow growing and doesn't spread to other places. It was right on the top of my head. Most likely caused from too much sun as a kid. Within a few minutes, the doctor who would perform the surgery called to schedule a date. It all happened so fast. Thursday I went in for surgery to get it removed. On the outside, it was the size of a pencil eraser. When he got in there it was much bigger, like the size of a fifty cent piece. The surgery was strange, just in his office and because they just use local anesthetic, I was a wake during the procedure, which is so bizarre. I could feel the sensation of cutting and hear the sounds amplified through my head, but it was completely painless. When he finally finished, I had a fairly large hole in my head. He cinched it together and closed it with 15 staples. It sounds creepy but it's honestly not too bad. A mere flesh wound. I'm grateful he was able to get it all and be done with that.

Two days later I was feeling pretty good, so I ended up running a half marathons. The Halloween Half. Mikayla and Laura did the first part of it with us. We had a good time with our cute little costumes.

I'm watching the news and it looks like there is a terrible storm on the East coast. The New York Subway is shut down and thousands of flights have been canceled. Ironically, we are enjoying beautiful weather here. It is supposed to be the warmest Halloween in history. It should be in the mid 70's. 

Thank you for your willingness to serve a mission. Our family has been richly blessed because of you. We are so grateful for you and we are praying for your success. Keep the faith and continue to work hard. I know that there are so many more blessings in store.

I love you so much!

Mom


Hey,
 
The package should get there pretty soon.
 
On Monday, I had a pretty good birthday. We share a car with the elders in a city called Noblesville, which is right by the stake center for northern Indianapolis. It was our turn for the car, so we got a ride down there to pick it up. We decided to spend our preparation day down there. All the Elders in the Indy North Stake (Carmel, Westfield, etc.) get together to play dodgeball. We had a lot of fun there. When we got back to Elwood we met the Marlers, an awesome family from Kokomo. They drove down here to take me out for my birthday. It was great to see them again.
 
It's been another pretty difficult week. We haven't been able to meet with many people. It's just one of those weeks where every appointment fell through. We did get a new investigator this week though. We met a girl named Jessica who's pretty cool. She's really looking for guidance in her life right now. We caught her at the perfect time. She's great, but she'll be moving soon, so we'll have to turn her over to the missionaries where she'll be living.
 
Other than that, not much has happened. We've found some pretty cool people lately, so hopefully we'll be able to teach them soon.
 
Love you,
 
Jared
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment