Monday, November 5, 2012

Trick or Treat

Hi Jared,

Your package was delivered yesterday while we were at church. We didn't open it, like you instructed. It would have been more exciting if it was for us, full of photos and video footage. Sigh. Oh well. :)

This week has been another crazy busy week. There never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done that I would like to. I'm glad I enjoyed my long summer days quilting and relaxing. I forget how busy fall gets. We have spent the last few days on a service project for a ward member. Although it has been an ENORMOUS amount of work, it has been  very gratifying. I spent 16 hours on Friday, and quite a few hours on Saturday working. I don't ever remember feeling quite so exhausted at the end of the day as I have the last couple, but it feels good to have made a difference in someone else's life.

I am a poll manager for the Elections tomorrow. That is another long day but I also enjoy it. I'm anxious to see who will be spending the next four years leading our country. Is is possible that we might have a Mormon as President of the United States? Crazy!

I get the staples out of the top of my head on Wednesday. I'm pretty excited about that.

There is no school today, so the girls are home. Taylor is working for Ryan. That has sure been a good thing for him. He needs to stay busy.

Dad starts physical therapy on his shoulder today. He's on the mend now.

Last night we had a party to mourn the passing of your dads youth. He turned 50 yesterday. We had a bunch of friends come over and bring ridiculous gifts like a walker, shredded wheat, enemas, and other assorted old age appropriate gifts. It was funny. He was really a good sport about it.

The weather here has been incredible. The days are warm, in the 70's, and the nights are cool. We couldn't ask for nicer weather. I would like it if we had weather like this through mid December. Trick-or-treating was very pleasant. It's hard to believe there is such terrible weather in other parts of our country. We feel so fortunate.

Have an amazing week. I hope things are going well for you. We love you so much and we are really proud of you for all you have done. 

Love, Mom


Hello,
 
We've had a pretty good week, and quite a miracle. I think I talked about it last week, but we started teaching a girl named Jessica. She's pretty prepared for the gospel. The only problem is she was moving to a town called Peru soon after we started teaching her. After we taught her last week we set up an appointment for the next Tuesday to teach her one last time before she left. Our appointment on Tuesday ended up falling through, and we had no way to contact her. The phone number we had saved in our phone was disconnected. On Thursday we planned to stop by to see if by chance she was there. When we got there signs weren't promising. there was a note on the door from the electric company saying the power was shut off. We knocked and nobody was home. Later on in the day we had a bunch of plans change which led us to her area again. We felt like we should try by Jessica one more time, and we caught her home. Her and her mother were making one of their last trips to pick stuff up. We were able to get all of her contact information for the Sisters in Peru so they can start teaching her.
 
Halloween was pretty quiet for us. We had our Zone Conference for most of the day, and then had dinner with our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Phillips. We got to pass some candy out to the trick or treaters. What a surprise that must have been for people knocking on our door for a change
We had a great lesson with a lady named Sandra. I've got a really good feeling about her. We're teaching her tomorrow and we're bringing one of my favorite families in the branch, so it should go very well.
 
Love you,
 
Jared
 


No comments:

Post a Comment