Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Tender Mercy!

A few days ago I had the need to call the Mission Home to get some info, and who should answer but Sister Collins? (The Mission President's wife). I introduced myself and told her who my son was and she proudly responded, "Elder Wise! I had lunch with him yesterday. I just love him. He is such a great missionary and is so much fun to be around!" She went on to tell me what a good job he is doing and how happy he is. She feels a kinship to him because they are from the same place. (They are from North Salt Lake.) I could feel my throat swelling up as she spoke and a few little tears trickled down my cheeks. I couldn't have been happier. I needed that little boost. It's always so great to hear from someone else that your son is doing well.

She couldn't answer my question and told me to call the mission office. Boy, was I grateful I made that mistake and called the mission home instead of the mission office. I am one proud mama. Thank you Sister Collins!

No comments:

Post a Comment