Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just a Coinsidence?

November 19, 2012

Dear Jared, 

I came home from work today, and suddenly realized I had forgotten to send you a letter this morning. Boy, do I feel like a loser. In my defense, I was caught up in service this morning and let everything else go. I checked my email and there was nothing from you. So either you are mad that I sent you nothing and so I get nothing in return, or your p-day has changed, or your library hours. Anyway, I hope somehow you'll get this today.

I got a letter from your Mission President letting us know you have been made a district leader. I think you will do awesome at whatever job you are given. That's the kind of man you are.

Life continues to be busy. I like it that way.  I got offered a job last week at the Utah State Capitol. It's just temporary, while the legislature is in session, January through March. I am really excited for this opportunity. I will be a Page in the House of Representatives.

Taylor found a Mini in Provo that he wants to check out. He and Dad are headed down there in a minute to look at it.

I love you lots!  Mom


Hey,
 
Elder Zeyer and I had a pretty great week. Things are really starting to pick up. Last Monday had quite a few interesting events. We got a call that morning from Brother Hamilton in the ward telling us that a member named Carl who was baptized about a year ago, was in the hospital. while he was in there Brother Hamilton and another guy were giving Carl a blessing and Carl's sister and brother in law walked in. Naturally, they had questions. Brother Hamilton and the other member answered the questions and invited them to church. They said they'd love to come and also meet with us. After dinner that night we went to see Carl in the hospital. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him, so while we were there they released him to go home. When we left the hospital we decided to see Adam, one of our investigators. His phone was shut off and we hadn't heard from him in a while so we decided to stop by. He had just moved in to a bigger house across town with some friends so they could split the cost and save some money. When we got to his house, he invited us right in. Turns out the friends he moved in with were Carl's sister and her husband. We had met them a couple times and talked briefly, but they never knew we went to the same church as Carl. They had about a million questions, so we sat down with them right then and taught them.
 
Our Branch had a fish fry on Saturday, and it was great. Lots of good food, and Adam and his friends all came. The Branch did an awesome job of welcoming them all. They were planning on coming to church on Sunday, but they ended up being sick. They said they'll be there next week though.
 
We also had a great lesson with Sandra. She's doing pretty well, but she needs a little bit of a push to do things. We'll be bringing over some sisters from the Relief Society next visit, so that should help her to be able to be more comfortable with coming to church.
  
Well, that's about it. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!
 
Love,  Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment