Monday, October 15, 2012

The Sun Came Shining on a Gloomy Week

Hello Jared,

This week has been a little out of the norm. Dad had shoulder surgery on Tuesday. It was supposed to be a pretty simple procedure with a fairly easy recovery. After nearly three hours in surgery, the doctor came out to talk to me. It was worse than he thought. He ended up fixing a tear and it turned into six weeks in a sling instead of 5 days. He's doing great though and has had a really positive attitude. He will most likely take one more week off of work and go back next week. 

Josh Sims is a new Sunday School teacher. He does a good job but seems a little nervous. He has taught twice now and both weeks he has done a little opener, once with an optical illusion, and yesterday with a little slide show about a horrible earthquake in Chile that happened in 1960. Both weeks, Good old Brother Casper belts out, "What does this have to do with the gospel?" Josh patiently responds, " Give me a minute. I'll tie it in". Which he does, quite well. I just think it's funny, and Josh seems to take it in stride.

Is there anything you need/want for your birthday? I feel really out of touch, and I'm not sure what to send you. I would love an idea or two.

Hope your week is awesome! I love you!

Mom

Hey,

It's been a bit of a roller coaster of a week. We didn't get much teaching done, and it seemed like everyone we stopped by this entire week wasn't home. Monday was our Preparation Day, so we're not out and about a lot. On Tuesday Elder Zeyer got sick, so we spent all day inside. It was possibly the most bored I've ever been in my whole life. Wednesday we had a Zone Training Meeting in Muncie for about half of the day. On Thursday morning we met with Michael, who had a baptism date for next month. Well, things went really downhill for him. He used to be excited about everything we taught, but when we went over this time he didn't agree with most of what we taught him. He said he won't come to our church. He's committed to his. So that was a pretty big letdown. Friday night though was where things started picking back up. We taught a guy named Adam. He's been taught for about a month and a half, but it's been pretty sporadic and he's been lacking commitment. Things changed when we went over this time. He's been reading and praying almost every night. He's been so excited to meet with us that he bumped it up to two meetings a week. He's doing awesome. Saturday though, is when the sun really came shining on this gloomy week. We were walking around a little town called Frankton in the rain when the phone rang. It was the missionaries in the Westfield Ward. They asked if I'd be available to come to a baptism on Saturday. Ryan is getting baptized, and he wants me to baptize him! This is pretty exciting news. From what they told me, he's been doing great. He's just finished reading the Book of Mormon for his second time, and he's been at church every Sunday. I'm pretty excited for him. 

To be honest, I really don't know what I want for my Birthday. I really don't need anything right now.

Love you,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment