Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Birthday

October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Jared,

Do you get to do anything fun for your Birthday? Did you get your package?

It was so fun to talk to you on the phone, even if it was just for a few minutes. Did you get the medicine that you need? How much was it?

Amber Gibson was home Monday night with her two kids, Kevin was still at work. She heard people upstairs, so she went up to see who was in her house. She found four teenage boys coming out of her bedroom. She asked what they were doing and they said they were looking for "Mike ". They apologized for getting the wrong house. She didn't think too much about it, but later posted the incident on Facebook. People around the ward started calling her and told her they had seen the same four boys. Larkin's home was missing a couple of iPods and some other small items. This continued on all week adding to the list of victims. Topher heard on the police scanner Saturday night that the police found the boys and a huge stash of stolen loot in the attic of a nearby home. (Behind The Square). We are all relieved to have those delinquents in custody. 

Dad is recovering well from his surgery. He will see his doctor this morning and get his stitches out. He just has four more weeks in the sling.

I went on another scrapbook retreat this week and spent three days trying to get caught up on all the pictures that I've taken this summer. I had a good time, but now it's back to reality.

I was asked by the Bishopric to be in charge of our ward Christmas Party. I think we will do "Christmas in Zarahemla", and do a reenactment of the events in America after the birth of Christ. I'm kind of excited about it. We've never done anything like this before. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

Did you get to baptize Ryan on Saturday? I'm so excited to hear about it. Have a really great week. Keep up the good work., and have a super Happy Birthday!

Love, Mom

Hey, 


This week has been pretty good. Elder Zeyer has still been sick, so we've been inside a lot. I got the package on Wednesday. Thanks. I loved the no-bake cookies. I wish I could say that they lasted longer than a day. Haha. 

We had a great lesson on Thursday with a woman named Sandra. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and it went very well. She's really seeking truth in her life right now. She's really open and loves everything we teach. We also taught a woman named Angel. She's going through a really rough time. Really rough. She said she felt really good about what we taught. This is exactly what she needs in her life right now.

On Friday we had a good lesson with Adam. He didn't show up to church this Sunday like we were hoping, but he's still doing pretty well. I think his wife might be holding him back though. We had the Trunk or Treat later that night. I really like being in a branch. It's got a unique feeling. Everybody knows everyone here. It was a fun night. 

Saturday was great. We got a ride down to Carmel for Ryan's baptism. It was a small event. Not many people there, but that's the way he wanted it. I was able to baptize him, and it was a great feeling. I like Ryan a lot, and I was happy to see how far he's come. He'll be a great member of the church. 


Love you,

Jared


No comments:

Post a Comment