Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break

April 4, 2011

Dear Jared,

Another week has zipped by. 

Topher and Natalie had their baby. He apparently wasn't all that excited to leave the comfort of mamas tummy, and stayed in there a little longer than expected. He was born at 11:05 and weighed 11'05. They named him Sawyer and I hear that he is adorable.

We really enjoyed General Conference. There were some great talks. Ivan, Jenn and Nichole came down to spend the weekend. So as you can imagine, the house was a little crazy and full of people. The guys were in the family room tying flies and building model airplanes. The girls were scrapbooking in the craft room while all the kids ran screaming through the house. There was plenty of food and It was a good time for all. 

Ivan took Taylor and Jonathan to the conference center to go to Priesthood Meeting. On the way down, Ivan's Suburban broke down and they had Marion pick them up and he called one of his guys to haul it back to his shop. So Ivan and Jenn were stuck here until Monday when the shop opened and they could fix his car. Nine hundred dollars later, they were packed up and on their way home.  Ivan said that was the most expensive free tickets he has ever had. Bummer of a weekend. 

It's spring break this week, and as usual, we have no plans to do anything. Dad is going to Vernal to go fishing later in the week but the rest of us are doing nothing amazing.  Maybe we will clean out your room and move Taylor in. :)

Mikayla has five girlfriends over for the day. Taylor and I are hiding upstairs and there is a lot of laughing and screaming coming from downstairs. It sounds like they are having fun. 

I was pretty excited to get to sleep in on Sunday but 5am rolled around and I woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I sat there thinking about you and your week. The excitement of actually getting to your Mission, meeting your new companion, flying on an airplane, moving into your first apartment and meeting your mission president. There are so many new and exciting things happening this week. It made me do a little reminiscing and I finally pulled out my mission journals and read about my life. I remember sitting on the plane headed for Madrid, wondering what my life would be like in just s few short hours.

I am so excited for you and all the great experiences that lie ahead. I hope you have a fantastic week. Take some pictures of the MTC and of your friends for you shall never pass this way again.

Keep your chin up. Work hard and obey ALL the rules.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment