Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Safe and Sound

April 5, 2011

I was working on a quilt tonight when I got a call that went something like this: "Sister Wise, this is Sister Collins from the Indianapolis, Indiana mission and I just wanted to let you know that we have your son safe and sound here". I couldn't believe what she was saying and asked her to repeat it. Jared is already in the mission home! We thought he would by flying out tomorrow, since that is his preparation day.

She said that he arrived earlier today. She sat by him at dinner and said he was very personable and he is a fine young man. She assured me that they would take good care of him and she told me how much she and President Collins love the missionaries. Boy, did that make the tears well up in my eyes. I got so choked up that I could hardly talk.

She said that early this morning they sent a batch of missionaries home just before the new ones came in and she is always amazed at what a difference two years can make in the life of a young man.

After dinner, they had a testimony meeting.  Tonight he will sleep in the mission home. After breakfast in the morning, there will be a training meeting where President Collins will talk to them and let them know about the mission. After that he will meet his new companion and find out where he will be serving.

His p-day will be on Monday, so hopefully we'll get a letter from him then. Sigh....another week without a letter. Well, I know that he is in good hands and that he arrived safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment