Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sleeping under Sandpaper!

 Mar 29, 2011
Hello Jared,

How is it going for you? You are an old timer down there now! Can you believe you only have one more week there? At Bishopric meeting tonight Bishop Olea said that Paul called them from the airport before he left for Mexico. Paul said you are looking good down there and you have a great attitude.

So how many of the missionaries in your district are going the the Indianapolis mission? Is your current companion going there? That would be pretty cool if they match you two up in a year or so as companions out there.

We made the change in the primary presidency this last week. Michelle Meske is the new president with Katie Brooks as 1st counselor and Patricia Meyer as 2nd. We also sustained Josh Sims as a ward missionary. We will be releasing him from Young Men's as soon as we can find a replacement for him.

 Who are the General Authorities they have had for your Tuesday evening devotionals? I hope you are excited for General Conference this weekend. I get to work it on Saturday. I got some tickets for the Priesthood session so I think we will get Ivan and Jen to come down and Ivan can take Taylor and Jonathan to the meeting.

I sure am proud of you! You are a fine young man! Keep the faith, pray and study hard. I know you will be successful.

Love,
Dad

 
From: Jared 
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:41 AM
To: Kent Wise
Subject: Re: Weekly Letter
 
I only have a few minutes to write emails, so I'm just going to write one to you and you can share it with everyone. 

Things are really going great here. My time here is almost over, and it's gone so fast. The days are starting to blend together. I can't even remember what I wrote in my last letter, so I hope I don't repeat things. 

There are seven missionaries in our district, One is going to Colorado Springs, three are going to Little Rock, Arkansas, and three of us are going to Indianapolis, including my companion. We get along great, so hopefully we'll be companions later (once we both know what we're doing). 

The MTC is good now, but I can't imagine being here for longer than three weeks.  The district next to us is going to Finland, and they've been here for twelve weeks. I can't even imagine doing that. 

By the way, thanks for packing a blanket for me. Judging by the blankets they gave us, they're saving all the fabric for something more important. It's like sleeping under a sheet of sandpaper. Thanks for the package too. The cookies were geat. 

All the speakers have been from the MTC presidency, and one of them from the second Quorom of The Seventy. (There is more than one?!) 

Anyways, I have to go right now. We're going to the Provo Temple. 
 
Love
 
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment