Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessings are like Balloons

Dear Jared,

This week I had the opportunity to sit down and read over your patriarchal blessing for the first time. It is filled with so many promises and blessings. What a wonderful guide to have in your life. It really made me stop and ponder on the blessings that the Lord gives to each one of us. They are all contingent on the word "if". If ye keep the commandments, then ye shall prosper...if ye are faithful, ye shall gain eternal rewards...if ye obey the word of wisdom, ye shall have good health...you get the idea.

Anyway, it made me think of balloons. The Lord hands us beautiful bunch of helium balloons. They are His promises and blessings. They are ours to keep. All we have to do is hang on to them. We do our part. That's the "if" part. We can have the balloons if we choose to keep them. As soon as we let go, we loose the blessing. Off floats a balloon.

I can tell you that my life is filled with balloons that I have been given. The lord has blessed me so richly in my life that it is hard to keep track of everything. I know the importance of living a life that is filled with honesty, integrity and virtue, and I enjoy the blessings from doing so. I am so thankful for a son like you who has made good choices and has been able to hold on to the "balloons" you have been given.

I am really proud of you. Keep up the good work.

I am hoping for a couple of pictures this week. Get one of your companion and you together.

I love you so much and I miss your hugs. :)

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment