Monday, March 4, 2013

Mission Conference with Elder Ballard

Good Morning Jared.

We are counting the days now, and getting so excited to see you again. I do have some bad news for you though. Taylor is unwilling to move bedrooms or share a room. So it looks like your new room will be upstairs in the Jungle Room. I hope this doesn't make you want to extend your mission. :) Taylor says you can paint it. You're an artist. I guess you can fight it out when you get home.

Life is busy, so it is passing quickly. It's good I got this Capitol Hill job to keep time passing fast so I'm not just sitting home or pacing the floor anxiously awaiting your return.

Holden comes home this week, he will go to the temple and then to the MTC on Wednesday. He still doesn't know where he will be going. That will be interesting to find out.

We got the house put back together although I didn't get everything painted that I had hoped to, but it's better than it was.

We are so excited to have you home again and Hallie is excited to have you upstairs by her. 

Will you have P-Day on Monday next week so we can hear any last minute things, or is this it? We will be anxiously waiting in the airport eight days from now. Woo hoo! We are SO EXCITED!!!! I can't wait for a BIG BEAR HUG.

I love you. Finish Strong!
Mom


Hello,
 
Things are getting crazy around here. Everyone seems to be counting down the days. It's been nice lately, I've been having dinner with a lot of my favorite families. Other crazy things include, the plumbing in our apartment not working and my companion damaging the car. The house we live in is around 100 years old and the plumbing doesn't work very well anymore. We've had trouble with slow draining water the whole time I've been here, but it's been bad lately. We've had to drive to our Branch Mission Leader's house every morning so we can shower and get ready. We finally got it fixed (kinda). So that's been a headache. When we were on exchanges on Tuesday, I went to Marion with Elder Channell, and Elder Melchior and Elder Davis stayed in Elwood. We were supposed to meet half way and exchange back on Wednesday afternoon. Things were delayed when Elder Melchior hit a curb and tore a big chunk out of the tire. They had to change it immedietly, so I stayed in Marion for a few hours longer than expected.
 
When I got back though we were able to teach a new investigator named Sheila. Her son is a member who is returning to activity, and she's interested in learning about the church. The lesson with her went well, and we have another appointment set for Tuesday.
 
The big highlight of the week was our Mission Conference with Elder Ballard. It was him, Bishop Stevenson, and Elder Lansing. We got to shake their hands and they were all great, and very personable. Elder Ballard opened it up to a question and answer session with the statement, "You can ask me anything, but if you ask about where Kolob is, I'm going to have to call you to repentance. You can worry about that with your Elders Quorum when you get home." It was a great meeting.
 
In other news that maybe you've heard about, they'll be splitting the Indianapolis mission in July when they get a new mission president. The Fort Wayne Stake and the Muncie Stake (where I'm at now) will be part of the new Cincinatti Ohio Mission.  
 
Love you,
 
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment