Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Way down in Kokomo

August 27, 2012

Dear Jared,

It's been another busy week here in the desert heat.  Mirranda and Russell got Married on Saturday morning in the Salt Lake Temple. The ceremony was beautiful and they looked so happy. It took me back 22 years when your dad and I were young and we married in the same temple. That was without a doubt one of the happiest days of my life. My face hurt from smiling all day long. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

Saturday evening we were getting ready to head out to Tooele for the reception. We were standing in front of the garage talking. Grandma moved her foot and stepped on Bella. She let out a yelp, so Grandma moved quick, tripped on Bella and fell flat on her back. She blacked out for a few seconds and them came to. Grandpa yelled for me to call 911. Within a couple of minutes we could hear sirens. Here came the firetruck and the ambulance. They took her to the hospital and checked her out. After a few CT scans, they determined she had no bleeding on the brain and no fractures. We were so relieved. Brain trauma can be so horrible. She is really sore and feels like she has been run over by a semi, but we feel really blessed that it was nothing serious.

Sunday was Stake Conference, scheduled at 2:00. I got a call from President Hawley at 8:00 a.m., telling me there had been a mixup and we were really scheduled at 11:00 a.m. We made a few quick calls to let as many people know as possible. Mikayla was one of the youth speakers. She got up and was super calm. She gave a really awesome talk and didn't even appear to be nervous in spite of the fact she was speaking to over 1200 people. You would have been so proud of her. She did a great job and seemed so confidant and sure of herself. She is a gifted speaker.

The topic of Stake conference was temple. It made me wonder where the Indian temple is at in the construction. Do you have any idea what's going on?

We are anxious to hear about transfers. Where did you end up and with who? Give us the details.

Lots of love,  Mom


Hey,

My new companion's name is Elder Joos (pronounced "Johs"). He's been out for 4 1/2 months. I'm in a little town called Kokomo (insert Beach Boys joke here). Elder Santy, my companion from Bloomington took my place in Carmel, and I took his place here. It's a fairly nice little town. It's definitely a change from Carmel, which I heard was just ranked #1 in the nation for being one of the nicest places to live. Kokomo is an automotive town. Chrysler is a big employer here. The ward here used to be thriving a few years ago until Chrysler cut a ton of employees. I've heard that when that happened, about half the ward moved out. There's definitely a lot of work to be done here. 

To answer your question about the temple in Carmel, they haven't even broken ground yet, or announced a date for it. Rumors are going around saying it'll be in September. Elder Smith and I took some photos on the temple lot on Sunday, but I don't have my camera cable, so I can't send them. 

Not really much to talk about this week. We've just been going around getting to know the ward. 

Love you,


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment