Monday, August 20, 2012

No More Carmel

Dear Jared, 


You never did tell me if you got the package last week.  Hallie wants to know if you like your shoes.


Last week was super quiet around here. The girls were gone to camp for four days and Taylor worked everyday. It was amazing how clean tho house stayed with no one to mess it up. This week we are back into our routine, if you can call it that. 

Our baby chicks aren't doing so well. One has a gimpy leg, so it can hardly walk. Mikayla brought it inside and put it under a heat lamp to try and nurse it back to health. Another baby chick turned up missing a couple nights ago. Gone, without a trace. There must be some predator on the loose. Poor thing.

We have an exciting week coming up. Mirranda is getting married on Saturday, so there's an occasion to celebrate. Stake conference is this weekend and Mikayla gets to speak. Wow! That's exciting! Not for her, but for the rest of us.

Only two more weeks until school starts. Wow! Summer went so fast.

Have a wonderful week and enjoy the journey. I love you!

Mom


Hey,
I got the package and loved the shoes. Thanks for them.
Elder Smith and I are doing great, well that is, until this morning. We got transfer calls, and I'm leaving Carmel. I'm sad about it, and I'm going to miss the people, but it's great to know I'm leaving the area better than I found it. Things are really progressing here. Matthew, JoAnn, and Jordan are doing great. They've been reading scriptures as a family and they all came to Stake Conference together.
Well, pretty much all of our investigators are doing really well. We had a lot of people at church and our number of lessons have been steadily increasing for the past six weeks. Carmel is great. I'm sad to leave, but excited to see where I'm going. I've been in the city my whole mission, so I have a feeling that I'll be sent to some tiny town in the middle of nowhere...
Love you,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment