Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Very Generous Stranger

February 13, 2012

Hi Jared.

I can't believe it's already Monday. 

I attended a two day quilting seminar in Sandy on Friday and Saturday. I found out that the instructor lived in Bloomington for a while. She loved it there. Anyway, Saturday night we went to Ikea to get some bookshelves for my new quilting studio. I'm so excited to get that finished, I can hardly stand it. I have been working on it every free moment I get. It is going to be amazing!

Sunday didn't even come close to a day of rest for me. I attended two ward conferences and spoke at one of them. Then it was off to a fireside. (Our trek kickoff fireside) I spoke at that also. By the time I got home at 9:00 after 8 hours of church meetings, I was exhausted. Now it's time to get back in the grind.

How's the work going? Any new investigators yet?

I hear that winter has been really mild there, is that true? It sure has been here. We haven't even had to hire a snowplow yet this winter, which has saved us a thousand dollars so far. Nice! But poor Taylor hasn't even gotten to try out his snowmobile other than the one time last month. We'll probably have sno in June this year, during trek! Haha

We are so proud of you. Keep your chin up!

Love, Mom

Hello,

We had a great week. Right after we got done emailing last week we went to Walmart to get our groceries as we were getting ready to check out a man walked up to us and introduced himself quickly. Elder Santy and I didn't know who this man was but he said he served a mission in New Zealand in 1968 and thanked us for our service. He then handed us an envelope and quickly walked off. Inside was a gift card that covered the amount of our groceries almost exactly. We were so grateful for him. 

Things have been going better with the teaching. We got three new investigators this week. It felt good to start teaching again. 

The weather has been really mild here except for the past couple days. Mostly it's been about 40-60 degrees and sunny. It almost feels like spring. It's been pretty cold lately though. The wind here just chills you right to the bone. 

Did Hallie get her card?


Love you,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment