Monday, February 20, 2012

Culture in Bloomington

Hello Jared,

Hallie got the birthday card you sent her, and she loved it! Thank you so much!

It has been a really exciting week for me. Monday the carpet came and we spent all Monday evening putting the quilting room together. Taylor assembled all the new furniture and the rest of us cleaned and organized. It was so exciting. The room looks amazing. It's still not quite done, but it is getting close. It's a great little get a way. I just want to sit up there and stare at everything.

Tuesday, Valentine's day, we took a group of 16 of us out to dinner. Your Dad reserved the Pope Room at Bucca di Beppo about a month ago. It's a great place to take a group, because the room had an enormous round table with a turn table in the middle and the acoustics are amazing, so you can hear everyone in the room, which makes it really fun. When we all showed up, they told us we didn't get that room after all, someone else had booked it months ago, and they seated us at a long table. It was such a disappointment, because it's impossible to visit with the people at the other end of the table. I complained to the waiter and he took $70 off our tab, which eased the pain, but didn't change the experience. On the way out of the restaurant, I stopped by the Pope Room and asked them when they called to reserve that room. They laughed and said "yesterday". Of course, I was furious and called the manager the next day. He said he felt bad and told me to call all my friends and have them come back another time, and he would buy dinner for all of us. Hopefully it works out this time. We're going in March.

Brian and Jen Somers had a beautiful baby girl this week. They named her Emelia. she is going to change their world forever. Pretty exciting!

I neglected to tell you that Taylor brought home a certificate proudly stating that he made the honor roll last semester. I couldn't be more proud of him. That means all three of them are on the honor roll. We sure do have amazing kids.

I've lost my parking space in the garage. Taylor pulled the car in, removed almost everything out from under the hood, and put it on a table. There the car has sat for more than a week, with hundreds of parts scattered around and oil everywhere. I don't know how he can possibly remember where all the pieces go back together. But somehow, he'll do it. He's amazing like that. It's a good project for him.  

I don't think I've told you this yet, sorry if  I have. This semester Taylor started doing an internship class. He gets out of school a few hours early so he can go to work. He's back with Ryan Davis, and loving it. Anything is better than school for him.

Mandy got married on Saturday. We spent the entire day doing wedding festivities. First the temple, then the luncheon, then into Salt Lake to pick up her flowers, then to the reception to help in the kitchen. What a day! It was beautiful and they look really happy together. It just seems a little surreal. Wow!

Life is wonderful! Thank you for your willingness to serve. You are blessing our family as well as so many other families. I am so proud of you. Thanks for being awesome!

I love you,

Mom



Hello,

Things are just about the same here. We're still on the hunt for new investigators. 

Valentines day was pretty romantic. We went and had dinner with some other missionaries and I spent the wee hours of the morning the next day cuddled up next to the toilet (Valentines date) throwing up. The flu got me! After a few hours of sleep I was fine though.

We had a fun stake activity on Saturday. We had a huge luau with a few hundred people there. There was tons of good food and fun. They had dancers and taught everyone how to dance. It was neat. There's so much culture here in Bloomington. I love it.

Not much else to report on. It's hard work here in Bloomington but Elder Santy and I love it here. 

Love,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment