Monday, February 6, 2012

Serving at the Soup Kitchen

Hi Jared,

Sunday morning I took our two girls, Anne and Melanie, to the airport. They are headed to sunny California before they go back home to Brazil.

We celebrated Super Bowl Sunday in our usual manner. Your dad spent all day Saturday smoking and preparing food for Sunday. We had a big crowd: Maxwell's, Gibson's, Wheeler's, DeVries, Alec and Michelle Thorley, Nichole and kids and Sally and Nick Olea.  The guys went downstairs to watch the game and the girls stayed upstairs playing games. The kids ran wild destroying the house and having the time of their lives. There was plenty of good food and friends. We love a good party.

I spent all day Saturday, 13 hours to be exact, painting my new quilting studio. It's pretty wild: blue, yellow and lime green with a splash of hot pink. It's going to be so cute. I LOVE it and can't wait to get totally finished and get my things set up and organized. It's going to be so much fun. I've been dreaming of this for a really long time.

Registration for LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD opened up this week. That is a girls only, 100 mile bike ride. There are three thousand riders and it filled up in about an hour. Pretty crazy. I feel lucky to have gotten in. It is the first week in June. Soon it will be time to start training for it. I'll keep you posted on the results.

So how was your first week in your new area? Do you have any investigators yet? How are you getting along with Elder Santy?

Keep the faith! I sure do love you!

Mom


Hey,

Elder Santy and I are doing pretty well. Still on the hunt for new investigators. We don't have any yet, but we're close. We have a few lessons scheduled for this week. It's hard work here. It's really different from any area I've ever been in. The ward is great though. On Tuesday there was a leadership training meeting so we stayed with another missionary on the other side of Bloomington and worked in his area. We biked around a ton. We were biking up this street with gigantic hills. We ended up biking 2 1/2 miles farther than we should have because we missed a turn. That was a fun adventure. We also volunteered at a soup kitchen in the area. It was a lot of fun. 

I don't really have much else to write about. We've done a lot of tracting, but that's about it.

Love you,


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment