Monday, June 27, 2011

Staying in Plainfield

Dear Jared,

We officially passed the first day of summer this week and the heat has set in. It has been in the high 90's, but with no humidity. Every day, when I go out in the scorching heat,  I think about you and wonder how you are surviving. I get to go back inside and turn up the air conditioner. And I only ride my bike in shorts, usually in the morning when it is cool. 

We got a good laugh from your last letter about the old lady. Haha pretty funny. And I thought it was pretty clever of you to freeze your pillow. What a good idea.

This week, my hair salon got a well needed make over. I painted it cream and red. The back wall and the half wall are barn red. It's pretty bold, but I like it. I think it's a nice change from the light blue and white that it was.

Nichole and I went shopping a few days ago. When we got to the counter to pay, the lady told us that the security sensors weren't deactivating,  so when we left the store, the alarm would sound. We told her that we would have a little fun with it and we'd start running when it started beeping. She said they had a good looking security guy she could send after us to tackle us and take us down in the middle of the mall.  We thought it would make a good story and we could tell everyone we had been hunted down and tackled by security. We laughed about it, and thought it was a pretty funny idea. We left the store, and sure enough it started beeping. I took off on a dead run, and Nichole followed close behind, but no one came after us. We made it all the way out of the mall without incident. We laughed and laughed about it, and how silly it was, then every few minutes we'd look at each other and start laughing. I guess sometimes you just need to make your own fun. Nichole is always good for a laugh. Sad to say, that's about as exciting as this week was. Hahaha

A couple of months ago, I couldn't sleep, so I was sitting in the recliner and I noticed how your dad was sleeping. He has always snored a lot, so I try to get to sleep before him so I don't usually hear him. Anyway, I noticed how he stops breathing for a while and then he gasps for air. In the morning, I mentioned it to him. I told him I was pretty sure that he has sleep apnea. (Where you stop breathing while you sleep.) The next time he went to the doctor he mentioned it. That very day, a medical supply company delivered an oxygen machine to our home. I guess sleep apnea can be very serious, even fatal if not treated. He now sleeps with a c pap machine. It has a face mask and It forces air into your nose continually and will not allow you to be deprived of oxygen. He looks a litle Darth Vaderish while he sleeps, but he sure is a lot quieter and he says he feels a lot better during the day because for the first time in many years he is getting some really good quality sleep. 

We are getting another foreign exchange student from Brazil today. He will just stay one week, then we get two girls from Brazil. They will be here for three weeks. We've got to do something to liven things up around this place!

We are all doing well and think about you every day.

May the force be with you!

Love, 
Mom



Hello,
 
Transfer time has come, and we got the phone call this morning from President Collins. I'll be staying in Plainfield, and Elder Moore is being transferred to a new area where he'll be training a new missionary. I'm going to miss Elder Moore, but I'm excited to see who my new companion will be.
 
We've had a pretty great week. We really focused on finding the less active families and we've had a lot of success. The ward gave us a list of families to see, and almost all of them let us in and are going to let us teach them. We're going to have a lot of new investigators soon.
 
Hope you're having a great week.
 
Love,
 
 
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment