Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Frozen Pillows

Hello Jared,

Another week has zoomed by. Mikayla made it home from Costa Rica. She had an amazing trip and had some fun stories and lots of trivia to share with us. I think that will be a trip that she will remember forever. Her favorite part was zooming through the jungle on a zip line. She likes high adventure and has no fear.

Taylor started working for Ryan Davis. He likes it a lot and it is keeping him busy.  Thursday he went camping for three days with the Young Men. On Friday, Mikayla and I went on a backpacking trip with the young women. We hiked up to Rudy's Flats. We had a great time. The girls stayed up until two or three laughing and being silly. We played games and got a lot of good laughs. Hallie left Friday to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house with Mariah for a week.  That left Dad home alone for the weekend.

It is raining again. I feel really blessed that we had warm weather while we were all camping. Today is Sunday. Bring on the rain!

Everything is going well here. We are all healthy and happy. Bella stays busy herding the baby chicks into the coop. She thinks that is her job...to keep the chicks corralled. Funny dog.

Brad Richardson got his mission call to El Salvador.

Have an awesome week. I love you, Jared!

Mom

P.S. Come what may, and love it!





Hope you guys are doing well.

We had something pretty funny happen this week. We were in the retirement home visiting some people from the ward a few days ago. we were sitting in chairs in the hall talking to a man named Otis. While we were there this old lady starting hobbling towards us with her walker with a mean look on her face. When she finally made the trek over to us she started yelling at us. "Do you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior and redeemer?!" We answered, "We sure do!". She was stunned and didn't know what to say. I think she thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses and she was ready to tear us apart. We told her we were from the Church of JESUS CHRIST (emphasis) of Latter-day Saints. She then apologized and hobbled off down the hallway saying she was sorry. 

We've been really busy this week and if feels like I've been all over the place. We went golfing last preparation day with some Elders in Greencastle. It was a ton of fun. I've been on two companion exchanges this week with another one happening tonight and tomorrow. So I've been serving in Avon most of the week. We've had some great lessons this week and I think a couple of our investigators are almost ready for baptism. I don't know if I'll be here to see them though. Transfers are coming up fast. and I think my time with Elder Moore is almost up. We're pretty sure that one of us is going to be transferred out. Only time will tell.

Hope the heat there isn't killing you like it's killing me. We don't have any air conditioning in our apartment and it's the top part of a duplex, so it's getting HOT. We've got a few fans in the bedroom but I'm having to resort to putting my pillow in the freezer a few minutes before I go to bed. It's hot here.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment