Monday, July 18, 2011

The work is going great in Plainfield



Jul 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Hey Jared,

I am so excited to hear about your new companion. How is he? Where is he from? Are you getting along?

This week we had a boy from Brazil stay with us. He was an interesting kid. His dad picked him up Sunday morning and then we went to the airport and picked up two other girls. They are darling. I think we will get along just fine. They are really outgoing and super cute. They will be with us for three weeks.

We went to Vernal for our family reunion. We went to Flaming George and ran the river. It was a really amazing day. It was super hot and sunny and the water was icy cold. The river was running really fast and high and I didn't dare get in, so it was a pretty quiet ride. I didn't push anyone in, because I didn't want to get in myself. Mikayla was asking the whole ride down if she could get in, but I was a little nervous so I kept telling her no. Then I saw Hallie, who was on the other boat, jump in. Then several people followed suit.

What are you going to do to celebrate the 4th? I hope you have a really fun holiday. We missed all of the festivities here at home, because we were out in Vernal, so we are just staying home tonight.  We will light a few fireworks and make s'mores. I'll roast a marshmallow in your honor.

Happy Independence Day!

God Bless America and God Bless YOU!

Love,
Mom


Hello,

My companion and I are getting along great. His name's Elder Bair, and he's from Blackfoot, Idaho. He worked as a potato farmer, but what else is there to do in Idaho? I miss Elder Moore, but I really like Elder Bair too. Elder Moore got transferred to Muncie to train a new missionary. We've been doing really well this week. We've gotten tons of new people to teach. We got a call from someone in the mission presidency that has been talking with one of his employees, and he says their family is ready to be baptized. He said that missionaries taught them in the past, but when the missionaries were double transferred out of Plainfield, the family kind of got forgotten. But, President Hilton referred them to us, and we'll start teaching them in the next few weeks. We've had a few other strange encounters, like a few days ago, we were teaching someone on the grass outside of the library and a lady walked up to us. She said the missionaries taught her when she lived in Arizona a few years ago, and she really liked our church. She said she'd like to learn more, and invited us to come over sometime.

We've been having great lessons with our current investigators too. Bob is doing great. He really loves the church and he's working on quitting smoking right now. I'm positive that this is something he's going to stick with. I really love this guy and have seen huge changes in his life. We've got another investigator named Mike who's making great progress. We just finished teaching him the Plan of Salvation and he pretty much knew it all already. We were able to set a baptism date for next month with him.

The work is going great in Plainfield


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment