Monday, April 23, 2012

Homeless in Bloomington


April 9, 2012

Good morning Jared,

The kids are back in school after a week of Spring Break. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house on Thursday and came back on Sunday night. Dad went fishing Friday and then Saturday he and Taylor helped Grandpa put a new liner in their irrigation pond. The boys enjoyed the service project and Grandpa was super grateful for the help.

Grandpa sold his 1946 Chevy last week. It is a little bit sad, but he's become really partial to 1929 Fords. he had to thin down his fleet to devote more to the Model A's.

While we were out there, it snowed five inches in Bountiful. But by the time we got home on Sunday there wasn't a trace left.

Road trips are a fight now, because both Taylor and Mikayla want to drive. Taylor HATES not being in the drivers seat and Mikayla thinks it's not fair that he always gets to drive and she wants her turn...they are driving me CRAZY! :)

We got your camera in the mail. We'll hang on to it and I'll get your memory card back to you. Did you get the package that we sent? Hallie was sure mad at me when she found out that I sent you the pictures. She picked them all out and SHE wanted to send them in a letter so that they were from her. Oh well, I rarely do anything right.

Do you remember Clairae Heap? She is Carl's mother. We were in their ward for the first half of your life. Anyway, she passed away this week. She suffered from Alzheimer's and it finally got the best of her, but is is a good thing. She has suffered long enough. The funeral is this week.

I don't think I told you that Austen got his mission call a couple of weeks ago. He leaves May 23rd for Ventura California.

We are all doing well. I hope you are too. Have an awesome week.

I love you!

Mom


Hey,

I got the package you guys sent. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed the pictures.

We had a good week. On Tuesday, we volunteered at a local soup kitchen here. I love doing service there. The people are really funny. Here are some choice quotes....

"Elder Santy: Hey sir, would you like some corn?
Homeless guy: Of course I want corn, I'm homeless!"

"Lewis: What are we having today?
Me: Bologna sandwiches.
Lewis: Bologna? That's for poor people!"

Haha. It's always a good time volunteering there. It's really busy there all the time. Bloomington has a large population of homeless people. I've heard that it's ranked 4th per capita.

Wednesday we had interviews with President and Sister Collins at our apartment. One of us was talking with President Collins in the bedroom while the other was with Sister Collins, who was showing us how to clean our apartment. It was great. I always enjoy talking with President and Sister Collins.

Easter Sunday was great. We had a great church service. The choir sang and it was amazing. This ward is the best that I've ever heard. After church we had a lesson with Nikki and Josh. We finished teaching them the Plan of Salvation and we comitted them to be baptized on June 9th and they accepted! They're doing really well! We had a great Easter dinner and overall, a fantastic week. We even caught a little bunny. (There's a picture on the SD card I sent.)

Love you!


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment