Thursday, September 29, 2011

Transfered to Fort Wayne

 Mon, Sep 26, 2011 

Dear Jared,

I am sad that you have left Plainfield. I will really miss the phone calls from Sister Melton telling me how great you are doing and what a fantastic missionary you are. Now I no longer have a connection to fill in all the details that you don't bother to tell us. :) I am so happy that you have had success there and have made some life long friends.  I am excited to hear about your transfer and your new companion. Where is he from? How did you transfer? Did you use public transportation or does someone from the mission home take you around?

Jared and Gabby came into Spanky's on Saturday. They told me that Cammie got a job as a Deejay at 90.9 (I think). What a great job for a music lover.

Dad and Taylor spent three days this week in Las Vegas. They went with Uncle Marion to a car auction. He is trying to sell an old Mustang for a friend of his. They are trying to get $220,000 for this car. It didn't sell there, so they will likely take it to an auction in Arizona next year. They had a great time seeing all the amazing cars. They even got to test drive some fancy sports cars and ride with a professional race car driver. Taylor asked the driver to do a little extra drifting, which he did, so of course, Taylor loved it!  They had a good time together.

It was a quiet weekend at home with just the girls. We actually had our fall quilt retreat, where my friends come and set up their sewing machines and we work on quilts for days on end. It is a lot of fun, and usually very productive.

I got a call from the Stake President Sunday night. There is a Young Women training meeting in November. Church Headquarters wants our stake to host it. They will film it in the Regional Center and then broadcast it to other stakes. We need  to organize it and provide all the music. I will sit up on the stand with the General Authorities and the General Young Women Presidency. It's a little intimidating. You'd better pray for me!

My favorite quote this week: If you were to wake up in the morning with only the things you gave thanks for last night, what would you be left with?

I'd still have you!  Keep up the good work.

Love,

Mom



Hey,

Things are going great in my new area. They put me way up North in Fort Wayne with my new companion, Elder Empey. Fort Wayne's pretty different from Plainfield. It's a lot more city than Plainfield was. It's kind of like a smaller version of Indianapolis. I've met a lot of great people here. We're living in the garage of one of the families in the Spanish branch here. Our address is 8307 Hunter's Knoll Place, Fort Wayne, IN, 46825.

Elder Empey is from Idaho Falls. He's a great elder. We've been working really hard. This is his last transfer, so we're going to make it the best one ever. He's going home on Halloween day.

We had a baptism on Saturday for two of our investigators here. Their names are Bill and Francisco. They're really sweet people. It's pretty cool because my last companion, Elder Bair, found Bill and Francisco when he was trained here about a year ago. It was pretty neat to see.

Hope you're having a great day,


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment