Friday, September 16, 2011

Sister Melton calls again!

When I got home from work yesterday, there was a wonderful surprise on the answering machine. Sister Melton had called from Plainfield to give me a quick update on Jared. She said he is doing incredibly well. She said his personality is really blooming. :) She told about Deborah's baptism and how neat it was and also about one coming up today. The members are happy about the success in their area.

What a fun surprise to come home to! I love knowing that he is doing well and I am SO grateful that he is seeing success and that he is happy. I absolutely LOVE seeing his testimony grow. I love that he is serving the Lord and serving others. There is no better place on earth for a young man to be than in the service of his fellow beings. Of course we miss him, but it is going by so quickly. He just passed his quarter mark, which seems so unreal to me. It's passing by in the blink of an eye.

Thank you, Sister Melton for your thoughtfulness. It's obvious that you have had missionaries of your own and must understand the joy, peace and satisfaction that a quick phone call can bring to a missionary mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment