Sunday, February 24, 2013

Staying in Elwood

Hi Jared,

Well, this week was pretty much awesome. I stared my new job at the State Capitol. I LOVE IT! I get to be right on the House floor while the legislature is in session. It is quite the hopping place. It is really fun to get to know some of the Representatives that I am assigned to and fascinating to see how it all works. 

Mikayla and I were both in the Davis County Clipper this week. Me, because I am shaking hands with Representative Nielson and Mikayla because she is in the play Little Mermaid.

The plays opening night was Friday the first. They do a great job and it is really fun to watch. Mikayla has really loved it. She spends so many hours at the school these days, that we hardly see her anymore. 
February 4, 2013

Dear Jared,

Hallie, of course, had her Birthday on Friday.  She is officially 14. Seems a little crazy that everyone is getting so old. Thanks for the letter and adorable pictures. You are one handsome cat. Not quite as cuddly as Garfield, but purr-fect in my eyes.

Sunday was the Superbowl. We celebrated with lots of food and friends. It got a little crazy around here. 

Manuela and Alice will leave today. Manuela is simply adorable. I could keep her forever. She fits right in here. She is funny, cute and really adventurous. I love that about her. I will miss her a lot.

Love, Mom

Hey,
We had transfer calls yesterday. I'll be staying in Elwood with Elder Melchior. We've had a bit of a slow week. It's been hard to meet with some of our investigators. We had a whole day planned in Alexandria yesterday and everything ended up falling through before we even got there. We did get a lot of lessons set up for this week though.
We did have some cool stuff happen though. On Wednesday we got to go to mutual. We taught the Young Women about missionary work and had a big question and answer session.
We had a pretty good lesson with Adam. He's still doing pretty well. He ended up moving again and he's having some troubles with the apartment, but he's staying with some friends right now and they're treating him pretty well.
On Saturday we had a member from Kokomo come down to take us out to lunch, which was cool. He's going to try to make it down here at least one more time in the next few weeks.
Well, hope you're doing well.
Love you,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment