Monday, January 14, 2013

Garfield and Elder Wise

Jared,

So sorry about not getting you a letter sent. I have been so sick the last few days. This morning I got the kids off to school and got someone to work for me, and i went back to bed. The phone rang and woke me up, I couldn't believe when I saw the time, it was almost noon. I checked my email and you had already written. I'll send this anyway and hope you get it.

Thanks for the pictures. That's crazy about your warm weather. It has been extra cold here. It snowed before Christmas and hasn't gotten above freezing since. Thursday it started snowing and didn't stop until Saturday afternoon. We got so much over night, the school district closed all the schools. Friday was a "snow day". The kids loved that!

Yesterday we picked up two girls from Brazil who will be staying with us for a month. They are darling. Alice and Manuela. I think they will be a lot of fun.

Hope you get this today. If not, you'll get two next week. Sorry about that.

Love you tons, Mom!


Hello,
 
Things are going well for Elder Melchior and I. The Weather has been crazy here. For two days it was near sixty degrees and a few days later there was a lot of flooding in the area.
 
On Tuesday We went on exchanges and I went to Marion for the day. While I was gone Elder Melchior and Elder Channell taught Adam. The lesson went really well and they set a baptism date with him for March 2nd. He's doing really well now. He's still got a lot to overcome, but he's making big steps. He came to church yesterday for the first time.
 
Elder Davis and I had a good day in their area. We went to a little town called Fairmount, childhood home of James Dean and Jim Davis. We did a lot of work tracting there. We even got a picture with one of the Garfield statues there.
 
Other than Adam, it's been a little slow with teaching right now. We're finding a lot more people though. It's just hard to consistently meet with them.
 
Love you!
 
 
Jared
 
P.S. I'm sending a second email with some pictures, let me know if you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment