Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Baptism Interview

Good morning Jared,

Christmas is inching closer every day. Last week we had three Christmas Parties and we have a couple more coming up this week. What a fun month, last night, the girls spent the evening wrapping gifts and getting ready for the big day.

Friday was our Ward Party. We had a huge turnout, I'm not sure exactly how many, but I'm guessing close to 200. The primary kids did a play, "Christmas in the Americas". It was the birth of the Savior from the Nephites and Lamanites perspective. Mikayla and Sammi Soto sang a song during the program. It was absolutely beautiful. They really helped to bring the spirit. Overall the night was a success. Kevin and Amber Gibson brought in a green screen and we did family photos for everyone who wanted to. I will send you a picture. They turned out really cute!

Tammy Clayton emailed me and here is what she said: "Also, I talked with Vickie Maag the other day.  We are friends and she told me she met Jared and sent you pictures.  Have you ever met her?  You would love her.  She loved Jared and said  he was such a great missionary, I wasn't surprised." awwwww!

Well, I think that's all for now. Good luck this week. Hope you have a lot of success and you stay warm. I love you!

Mom

Hey,
 
This week was pretty good. We've had some warm weather. It got up in the 60s last Monday. I was in a town called Marion for a few days on exchanges with Elder Davis. While with him I conducted my first baptism interview. It was with a 12 year old kid named Zane that they're teaching. The interview went well, and he's ready for baptism this Sunday.
 
This week we've been working a lot in little towns. When I was in Marion we worked in a little town called LaFontaine. We were knocking on doors in a trailer park and a couple of people came out and started yelling at us for "soliciting" and told us they were going to get our license plate numbers and call the cops on us. haha.
 
On Saturday we worked in a little town about fifteen miles away called Summitville. It's a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere. Kind of strange, but as we were walking down the street we saw an Audi with Utah license plates parked on the street. I wonder who it was and what they were doing all the way out there? Weird.
 
That's pretty much all that happened this week. Most of our appointments ended up falling through.

Tell Taylor he needs to send me more details and pictures of the Mini!
 
Love you!
 
Jared
 
P.S. Tell Grandma and Grandpa Wise thanks for the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment