Monday, March 5, 2012

Safe from Tornadoes

Hello Jared,

You can't begin to imagine how anxious I am to hear from you this morning. We have watched the news and it looks like a couple of cities in Indiana have been completely wiped off the map. We are hoping that "no news is good news" applies in your case. I was ready to contact the mission home on Saturday night but decided that everything was fine because we hadn't heard anything. Please tell us all about it and how it affected you.

I loved your story about Nathan. Did you happen to get the name of the family from Vernal? There's a pretty good chance that grandma and grandma know them. I'd be curious to know who it was. 

Last week Taylor put the car back together after he cleaned every single part under the hood. Then he gutted the inside, cleaned all the pieces in the bathtub and then put it back together. He amazes me. When he was done with that, he helped me refinish an old table I bought off of KSL. When he finished that, he tore apart the snow blower. I came home Saturday night and he had torn apart the old barstools and was reassembling them so they weren't rickety. What a guy! He's soon going to have the whole place working and in pristine shape. I just hope we can afford to keep him busy with projects!

Mikayla made the school play this year. She is really excited about it. She'll do great because she loves to be on stage. I'm pretty excited for her.

You never did tell us if you got an apartment or if you are still with the other elders. 

Did you get the package Grandma sent? 

Thank you for being awesome. I love you so much. I can't wait to hear from you!

Love,

Mom




Hello,

We were safe here in Bloomington. The tornadoes never got near here. We got some dark skies and wind, but that was it. I think the damage really happened a lot further south of us. The tornado sirens didn't even go off here.

The member that told us to stop by was actually from Provo. I think he was just near Vernal for a few days while that event was going on.

We still don't have our own apartment, but hopefully we'll get it this week. I got Grandma's package. It was great. Elder Santy and I loved the cookies.

We're doing well this week. We were able to have some great lessons with Nikki & Josh, and Kaleem & Charity. They're really progressing well. Nikki & Josh told us they really want to come to church next Sunday. They're great. Josh has been reading the Book of Mormon and loving it. He read a few chapters and was really able to relate them to things he's been going through. He already has the concept of likening the scriptures down. 

Transfer calls happened today. I can't believe it's already been six weeks in Bloomington. Elder Santy and I are staying together though. It's a little weird though. We had Ward Council yesterday and they were going through the war roster naming off all the families that are moving out in the next few months. It's a bit of a bummer. 

I'm glad we're staying though. 

Hope you have a good week.

Love you,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment