Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Blue Christmas!

December 27, 2011

Good Morning Jared,

It was so fun to talk to you on Christmas. I am so happy that you are doing well, that you love your companion and that you are happy. That is such a relief to me. I just wish I could of had a big hug to go with the phone call. 

A mission is kind of a strange thing, it's hard, it's rewarding, it's challenging, it's frustrating, it's amazing, it's discouraging, and yet it's fun. It's your highest highs and your lowest lows. It's all those things wrapped up in one. But when all is said and done, it's a wonderful experience that you wouldn't trade for anything.

Just yesterday at Spanky's, I met a lady from Madrid. She was baptized two years before I was there, in the same ward that I served in!  Soon after she was baptized, she moved to Utah to find a husband and be strong in the church. She is married and has two beautiful daughters. One of her daughters served a mission in Spain as well. It was really fun to talk to her and her family. It makes me think back and wonder what happened to all the people I taught back in the day.

I don't know what you and Taylor talked about, because he made us all go out, but he sat in my room for a long time after you hung up, and just cried. My heart broke for him. He really misses you and loves you. Your influence on him is HUGE! Thank you for the great example you are in so many lives, especially his.

I worked yesterday, so of course, Dad and Taylor were up to no good. They did a little shopping. Taylor bought two cheap cookie sheets. Apparently he watched an episode of Top Gear where they put cookie sheets under the two back tires, put on the hand brake, so the cookie sheets stay there, then they can drift. Sounds like trouble to me! He practiced last night by putting tape on the tires of his remote controlled car. He was drifting all over the house. He's actually really good at it.

I hope you have a great week. Happy New Year! We love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment