Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Elders get a car for Christmas!

December 12, 2011

Dear Jared,

It's been another really busy week...'Tis the Season! I have had something every single night for the last 13 nights. This week the girls had their orchestra concert and Young Women in Excellence, Mikayla had a choir concert, we had a Bishopric party and our circle party.  The two concerts were really neat. I thought they both did a great job. I'm proud of my girls!

Saturday night was Taylor's first date. For their day activity they went to someones house and made gingerbread houses, which I thought was a fun idea. Then it was time for the dance. They wore black and purple. He looked so handsome! Sally picked him up and they went to The Melting Pot for dinner. It is a  super fun restaurant where everything is fondue. There is a burner at your table and you cook the food yourselves. It is really pricey, around $100 a couple, but a fun place to go, and the food is yummy. They said the dance was lame, so they came back early and crashed the adults party at the Ensign's home and played a few games with us. I think they had a good time together. 

I am really looking forward to getting a phone call from you in less than two weeks. 

What are your plans for Christmas?

I will be sending your Christmas package tomorrow so you should get it by the weekend.

Kalynn had her kidney transplant on Friday. I haven't heard how it went yet, but I will find out when I go in to work today. I'm guessing it went well, or I probably would have heard about it. You know that bad news always travels faster than good news.

Keep up the good work. I sure love you. Thanks for your willingness to serve. I hope that you are enjoying each day for what it is and that you are learning to love the people of Indiana. There is so much to learn from the people and the world around you. Take it all in and enjoy it all.

Love,
Mom



Hey,

We got transfer calls this morning. I am staying in Fort Wayne. Elder Marchant will be leaving though. This is like his sixth six week area. Poor guy. We also got the news that we'll be getting a full time car here! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

We've had a really good week. We had a great lesson with the Rodriguez family. When we met with them this time they said that after we left last time they felt like they needed to shape up. So they've been reading the Book of Mormon and praying together and man, it's made a difference. The contention in that house is gone. We're getting really close with them. 

Friday was a pretty busy day. We had our District Meeting, helped the senior missionaries move, and went to the ward Christmas party. The Christmas party was great. We invited a ton of people. Only a few of them showed up, but the ones that did had a great time. 

We finally got some people to church too. The whole time I've been here it's been a huge struggle to get people to church and we finally got some here. Brother Meeks and his son and friend came. They all enjoyed it. Hopefully next week we can get the rest of the family to come as well. 

We're not sure what we're doing for Christmas. We've had some offers for dinenr but nothing solid yet. We'll see.

Love you,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment