Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Baptism Date

Good Morning Jared,                                                           October 24, 2011

We've had another week of beautiful weather that I am really grateful for. It's been cool at night and warmer in the day. It is supposed to get a lot cooler this week, maybe even snow on Wednesday.

We are really enjoying Ching and Yui. They are so fun and are really trying hard to have a true American experience. They want to try everything and live just like we do. They are really excited for Halloween so they can dress up. It's really fun to see their enthusiasm. They cooked us dinner last Monday night so we could see what they eat. They did a good job.

I spent three more days this week at WoodBadge.  Laura, Sherisse, Kay and Mike Zumwalt went too. We had a really great time. We camped with our separate patrols and did our own cooking. There are really some neat people out there, some who even live right by us and we don't even know it.  Out of all the things I learned there, I'd have to say that my favorite part was meeting so many wonderful people. I guess you could say that it restores my faith in humanity to know that there are so many amazing people everywhere. These people donate so much of their time to helping other people raise their boys through Boy Scouting. They volunteer hundreds of hours every year and give selflessly much of their own resources. I guess this is why the church is affiliated with the BSA, because they have so many of the same values. 

Steve Meske isn't doing so well. He has really gone downhill since you left. I'm pretty sure you will not see him again in this life. He is on hospice now, which is a company that does house calls for the terminally ill. They come in and administer drugs, help bathe and basically keep the patient comfortable until they die. It's tough to see him this way. He's a great man who has really turned his life around. We were talking about that the other day. He told me how grateful he is that he has cleaned up his life so that he is more prepared to meet God. Michelle is really struggling and does not want to let him go. It's going to be tough.

For us, it's life here as usual. School, work, cleaning, homework. Nothing new. We are definetly being watched over. In fact, life seems so good right now, that it scares me a little because I know it is just about our turn for a big trial. I just keep praying to be spared a little longer. :)

I feel so blessed to be your mother. You really make me proud. Keep up the good work and always look for the good in everything around you, and be thankful for it.

I love you!

Mom




Hello,

We've had a great week. It's been busy. I've just got another week with Elder Empey before he flies home. I won't even see him for half the week though because we'll be on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and the Spanish missionaries. 

We've had some awesome lessons this week and we were able to set a baptism date of December 17th for Chris. He's a really awesome guy. He just got married to a member last week and now he's taking the lessons. He's got a lot of real intent. You can tell he's doing it to find the truth, not just doing it for his wife. He's had a lot of really cool experiences that have shown him that this is the way to go. It's really neat talking to him. 

Hope you're having a great week, and thanks for the package.

Love, 

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment